A Designs KGB II Instrument Preamp
A high input impedance, discrete audio pre-amp designed for high impedance, unbalanced outputs such as: guitar, bass guitar, and electronic keyboards. The KGB Series contains high voltage, discrete op-amps with balanced output transformers by Cinemag, Inc.
The KGB-II is a two-channel, solid state unit that allows use of both channels for stereo recordings or live performances. This works well with stereo output instruments such as: keyboards or stereo guitar pickups. For bass players, there is freedom to use two basses in a live performance, simply by picking up the other bass and playing without any delay between songs.
- Two Discrete Inputs with Thru
- Gain Select Switches for each channel - High/Low
- Phase Reverse Switch for each channel
- Gain Lift Switch
- External Power Transformer for a very low Noise Floor
- All Metal Chassis
- Milled Aluminum Knobs
- Balanced XLR Gold Pin Neutrik Outputs
- Switchcraft 1/4" Input Jacks
- Bipolar Electrolytic Capacitors
- 1% Metal Resistors
- Blue Led Power Indicator
- 4 Rubber Feet
- Heat Vents
- Output to Line-In to FOH or Stage Monitors
- Output to Line-In on a Recording Console.
- Output to Input of Digital Audio Converters.
- Output to Power Amplifiers.
- Both devices provide a Balanced, Line-Level +4db Output, which allows for bypass of the typical DI, Microphone Preamplifier and other input stages.