Behringer's new WING digital mixer is expected to begin shipping in January 2020.
We're expecting a tremendous amount of pre-order activity on this new mixer, so make sure to get your pre-order in line as early as possible.
The Behringer WING is a 48-stereo-channel digital mixer that's both ultra-powerful and incredibly easy to use. Benefit from first-class hands-on control, thanks to 24 smooth-feeling motorized 100mm faders, a capacitive touchscreen, adjustable display wheel, and touch-sensitive rotary controls. Capture sound with the utmost in quality, courtesy of eight MIDAS Pro mic preamps, while a bevy of digital I/O options provide near-limitless connectivity. Record up to 64 channels directly to dual-SD cards, use optional expansion cards to attain Dante, SoundGrid, or MADI support, or deploy the WING's built-in 48-in/48-out USB audio interface to record straight to your DAW. Getting around the WING is a breeze, thanks to its intuitive Sources, which put the emphasis on your source audio rather than the nuts and bolts of your mix. Complete with 16 true-stereo processors with standard and classic modeled effects, the WING is a top-shelf digital console that will elevate your live sound capabilities.
Said to have been been 30 years in the making - the same length of time that Behringer has been operating - this slim, futuristic-looking console offers eight Midas Pro mic preamps and eight Midas pro outputs. There are 24 motorised 100mm faders that are divided into three separate and configurable sections, as well as â€šÂ¬‹Å“plug and play' remote I/O connectivity for up to 144 input and output signals over three AES50 ports.
You'll also notice the large capacitive touchscreen display, while further control comes via the touch-sensitive channel editing section that offers 11 rotaries and dedicated colour TFT. You can add an optional module that adds 64 x 64 channels of audio over Ethernet, with support for Waves' SoundGrid or Dante/AES67 technology.
Wing can operate as a 48 x 48 USB 2.0 audio interface and a DAW remote controller with support for HUI emulation and the Mackie Control standard. You can use it as a live recorder, too - there's space for two SD cards and you can capture up to 64 tracks, with markers for identifying song positions.
Other features include an additional four-channel control section, a Premium FX rack that offers eight true-stereo processors and includes TC algorithms and Lexicon, Quantec and EMT emulations, and a standard FX rack that contains a further eight true stereo processors that take care of workhorse effects. You can blend outboard effects into the mix, too.
You also have five variable plug-in processing slots for all 40 stereo input channels, as well as an insert FX slot and 4-band parametric EQ for all eight stereo aux channels. A further custom control section features more buttons and rotaries, and you get four main, eight matrix and 16 aux stereo buses that feature dual inserts, 8-parametric EQs, stereo imager and full dynamics processing.
Throw in some expansion slots and a StageCONNECT 32-channel low-latency interface and you've got a pretty ambitious product.Â
Behringer WING Digital Mixer Features:
- Â Â 48-stereo-channel digital mixer with 40 stereo input processing channels, as well as 8 stereo aux channels
- Â Â 28 stereo buses â€šÂ¬" 16 stereo aux buses, 8 stereo matrixes, and 4 stereo mains
- Â Â 24 smooth-feeling motorized 100mm faders in 3 separate, configurable sections
- Â Â 10.1" capacitive touchscreen, adjustable display wheel, and rotary controls provide touch-sensitive channel editing
- Â Â 8 MIDAS Pro mic preamps and MIDAS outputs ensure that you capture high-quality sound
- Â Â 3 AES50 ports provide plug-and-play remote I/O connectivity for up to 144 input and output signals
- Â Â AES50 networks are compatible with MIDAS M32 and Behringer X32 mixers
- Â Â 32-channel StageCONNECT interface for personal monitoring or analog I/O boxes
- Â Â Includes AES/EBU stereo digital I/O, 2 headphone connectors, MIDI I/O, and 4 GPIO ports
- Â Â Compatible with Behringer and MIDAS digital snakes, including the S16, S32, SD8, SD16, DL16, and DL32
- Â Â WING-LIVE card captures up to 64 channels of 32-bit/48kHz audio to a pair of SD or SDHC cards
- Â Â Optional expansion cards supply Dante, SoundGrid, or MADI support
- Â Â Built-in 48-in/48-out USB audio interface with HUI and Mackie Control DAW remote functionality
- Â Â Sources put the emphasis on your source audio rather than on your inputs and channels
- Â Â Apply names, icons, and colors to each Source for at-a-glance identification
- Â Â Each channel can be either mono, stereo, or mid-side â€šÂ¬" no channel linking required
- Â Â 16 true-stereo processors with effects from Pultec, SSL, SPL, Neve, Focusrite, dbx, Universal Audio, Elysia, and Empirical Labs
- Â Â Auto Pilot supplies fast and dependable automixing with 2 groups of gain sharing
- Â Â Dual solo/monitor buses per channel for monitoring over phones/IEM and/or floor wedges
- Â Â Support for binary and OSC communication for remote operation
- Â Â WING Co-Pilot tablet app enables you to label or set parameters while patching from the stageÂ