Up for sale is a Vintage 1969 Framus Caravelle 5/117 thin line electric guitar. This is one of the hardest to find Framus models and extremely rare. Made in Bavaria, West Germany.
The guitar is in excellent condition and sounds fantastic. Any type of modern music can be dialed in due the changed out humbucker pickup at the bridge, and a coil tap switch that converts the humbucker to a single coil, or in series or parallel windings.
The single pickup gives you clean, smooth tones for great jazz play with a combination that gives you blues and a hot humbucker for clean rock to overdrive.
• The label located in the sound hole shows the serial number at “67317”, model number “5/117” and a 3 digit code “69 L” indicating production dates.
• The first two digits are the year with the third digit indicating the month of year. (A to M)
• This dates production at November, 1969.
• The label also shows that the guitar was inspected by Richard Muller, which was the head builder at Framus. The guitar was modeled in the style of a Gibson 335.
• Thin line construction
• Laminated Maple double cutaway hollowbody 335-Style,
• Binding on top/ and back of body, (thin black with wider cream bindings)
• Bolt-on multiply neck,
• Bound rosewood fretboard w/Dot Inlays,
• One Framus Single coil P-90-Style pickups, One DeMarzio humbucker
• One Volume knobs,
• One Tone-knob,
• One Bass frequency knob
• One PU-selector switch,
• Framus Bigsby-style tremolo
The guitar is in good to excellent condition. All original components and hardware with the following exceptions;
• The bridge pickup was not functional and was changed out to a Vintage DeMarzio double humbucker with a three way coil tap switch (single, double series connected, double parallel connected)
• The body was not modified for the change out except the added hole for the coil tap switch.
• The original controls where wired in with a printed circuit board that was corroded. Wiring is as original, but now hand wired. The single pickup mount and the circuit board will be included in the shipment.
There is no evidence of cracks, delimitations or damage to the construction. There are few minor dings and scrapes. See the pictures and video tour. The neck is adjustable, smooth, and straight with two minor marks. The frets and fretboard show only very minor wear. Body top and bottom is clean.
This is a incredible instrument for its age that has great playability with low action and spot on intonation.
Buy with confidence, I take great pride in detailing the condition with pictures and a video tour so there are no surprises.
Feel free to message me with any questions you might have.
Thanks for your interest.
Will accept cleared checks, money orders, cash, major credit cards through PayPal.
Will ship within 3 business days of purchase. We provide all standard shipping services. Ships from Buffalo, New York. Visit our website for each item on shipping specifics. Notify us of your other shipping preferences. Customer pickup available upon request.
7 days 100% refund with prior authorization. Returns are only accepted based on seller approval of unique circumstances that have been reviewed and agreed between seller and buyer. Will not accept returns without buyer communications. Buyer is responsible for return shipments.