The 2016 Gibson 1959 Reissue Les Paul – Ice Tea with this year’s updates is a painstaking recreation of the most lusted-after, legendary & iconic Les Pauls ever. In our opinion, Gibson nailed recapturing the mojo of the original 1959 Les Paul Standard and are the very best ’59 Reissues Gibson Custom has ever produced!
2016 1959 Historic Reissue Spec Updates overview:
• One piece, single layer Rosewood fingerboards with real celluloid Trapezoid inlays
• Aniline dye on back & sides on burst finishes. This was original and discontinued many years ago. Aniline dye is a vintage wood coloring technique that accentuates wood grain and color.
• Kluson “Deluxe” tuners – the most accurate reproductions to date. These tuning keys feature the correct color, vintage profile and specifications.
• Hide glue on neck to body joint. Many argue that the original hide-glue guitars are tonally superior to the modern aliphatic adhesives. Hide glue turns transparent in the neck joint & also allows for easier removal of the neck.
• New Custom Bucker pickups that are only available on Historics. These new Custom Bucker Pickups are the most accurate reproduction of the original fifties PAF pickups to date and not available after market.
• Historic Truss Rod Assembly has been redesigned to the vintage truss rods of the 50’s & do not have sleeve or “condom” of the previous reissues.
• Slightly darker cream binding to match the original 50’s Gibsons.
• New color formula for the back & sides that result in a slightly darker color with more depth & grain presentation.
This 2016 Gibson 1959 Reissue Les Paul – Ice Tea Custom Shop 59 RI Les Paul has a Gloss – Ice Tea finish with nice warm color transition, beautifully executed & complimented by an amazing 3D flame maple top true to the original 1959 Les Paul Standard. She weighs a very light & comfy 8.9lbs.
This guitar is extremely lively & resonant! Very loud acoustically, the notes literally jump off this instrument with mojo in spades! And when plugged in, the 2016 Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Reissue Les Paul Gloss – Ice Tea comes alive with tone & sounds as incredible as it looks & feels, thanks to a pair of the new Custom bucker humbucking pickups designed to closely match the original PAFs.
The Custom Buckers are very full and punchy sounding with amazing articulation & detail. They clean up beautifully when rolling off the volume and have amazing response to picking dynamics. Each is made with an Alnico 3 magnet and wound with accurate plain-enamel 42 AWG plain-enamel wire and definitely capture the mojo of the original 1959 Les Paul Standard!
This guitar is 100% brand new/unplayed and comes complete with the Gibson Custom brown lifton style case, certificate of authenticity, pickguard & all case candy. It is like entering a time capsule, returning to 1959 and bringing back the legendary original in perfect, brand new condition! The buyer of this amazing instrument will be pleased beyond words. This is definitely an amazing ’59 & one word sums it up…WOW!
|2016||Brand New||Ice Tea||Original Hard|
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Certified Bank Checks, Bank Wire Transfers, USPS Money Orders and Personal Checks with a 10-business day hold within the continental USA. Uncollected funds or "NSF" checks are subject to a $50 check fee. Any fee imposed by our bank due to a returned check is the sole responsibility of the person who wrote the check. All International payments are via Bank Wire Transfer ONLY. We will provide you with the required bank information/details once you have committed to purchase. The buyer/sender is responsible for all wire fees incurred throughout the transfer. You are more than welcome to call us at (863) 701-3538 and place your order with us on the phone and we will answer any questions you might have. Sorry, absolutely NO COD's. SALES TAX: ALL FLORIDA RESIDENTS MUST PAY 7 % SALES TAX PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE…EMAIL or CALL US!
Our prices always include FREE shipping within the continental USA! We specialize in global shipping & have shipped well over a thousand guitars worldwide via FedEx without ever having a damaged instrument! So no worries, we know how to properly package/label an instrument to ensure it’s safe arrival to you and everything we ship is fully insured. We are very well versed & knowledgeable with regards to international customs documents & criteria. Domestic Shipping: We ship via Fedex Ground®, fully insured with signature confirmation & tracking. If you would like express shipping we will be more than happy to give you rate quotes. Alaska, Hawaii & Puerto Rico customers should contact us for shipping quotes prior to purchase. International/Overseas Shipping: We ship via Fedex Express® or USPS Priority/Express Mail International. We will quote price depending on country/instrument we are shipping. Please provide your country, city & postal code for a shipping options quote.
Upon receipt of a purchased instrument from Jelyfinger Guitars , you have a 48-hour approval period. If the instrument does not meet your expectations, call and notify us within that time to receive a RA (return authorization) number. Then ship the instrument back to Jelyfinger Guitars, packed safely in the same shipping with all original packing materials & box it was packed in. The instrument must be received back to us in the same condition you received it in with all accessories and complete documentation (Owner's Manual, Warranty Card, etc.) and show no signs of wear or use. Items which are not normally stocked (Special Orders, Discontinued Products, Close-Outs, used products and layaways) are not returnable. You will be responsible for the freight charge to ship the instrument to you and to return it to us, as well as the credit card discount fee charged to Jelyfinger Guitars.