SOLD, NO LONGER AVAILABLE If you were shown this guitar, you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from the real deal holding it up close. It was made by a very famous luthier and restorer of genuine 1950s Les Pauls. He is THE MAN and is one of the most knowledgeable figures currently in the industry. For reasons of privacy, we will reveal the information only over the phone. If you get my drift, vintage restorations is his game and he is one of the best names in the game.
This guitar was initially built by the luthier as a prized possession for himself. It is made to the exacting specs of an original 1959 Les Paul. Rolled binding at the neck, 40+ year old Honduran Mahogany, Brazilian rosewood finger board (everything glued together with the right hideglue), thin nitrocellulose lacquer applied sparingly and it will age over time. (the luthier does not like checked finishes on his personal guitars, although he could easily do so if he wanted). This guitar currently weighs 8lbs and can be lighter if desired so. See the specs below. It's got a 1959 Serial number too :)
1) Hard rock eastern maple top with incredible flame
2) 40 + year old honduran mahogany (very lite from age making the guitar very lite in weight)
3) Straight grained brazilian board with "uncle lou" correct style inlays
4) Dead on perfect neck angle (exact vintage spec)
5) Perfect silkscreen and gibson logo
6) Correct red pore filler for the back of guitar and correct "bleed" in the binding
7) Angel repro plastic parts
8) One pickup is a Pat# and one is a Tom Holmes
9) Unbelievably light weight at 8 lbs. with current hardware (could be lighter if you want)
10) Hide glue construction throughout
11) Very thin nitro finish in correct laquer designed to age like the real deal
12) Uncle lou tuners
13) specially built protective case ( that was aged-- includes certificate)
15) built by hand --- better made and more accurate than any Custom Shop Historic
Bank Wire Transfer for all international purchases. Please contact for details regarding Customs declarations. Paypal is available for US buyers only.
All items will be shipped fully insured unless requested for reduced shipping cost (for international buyers).
A 48-hour approval period upon receipt of merchandise is granted to all customers. Returned merchandise must be returned fully insured and in the exact condition it was received. Buyer bears all shipping costs.