ORIGINAL 1957 GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM ELECTRIC GUITAR
Late 1957 was the first year for the PAF Humbucking Pickup configuration in the iconic LES PAUL CUSTOM. Previous Customs (1954-early 1957) were equipped with the P90/Alnico dual pickup setup. In 1957 only 283 total examples of the Les Paul Custom were produced, including considerably less of the three pickup upgrade immortalized by Keith Richards, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page. This is a near flawless example of the 1st generation humbucker-equipped Custom. Likely less than 150 made.
- This guitar shows little use. (In the shot above the few white marks are loose hairs from the sheepskin rug the case is cocooned in.)
- The Gold finish on the pickup covers, ABR-1, stop tailpiece is around 90%.
- No dings, belt rash, etc. There are a few pinpoint marks too small to photograph.
- Some lacquer checking on headstock.
- All original inside and out.
- Typically, original Kluson Super tuners were switched to Grovers. No extra holes. Original Klusons + Bushings in case.
- Original Stop Tailpiece (no Bigsby changeover), ABR-1, Wiring Harness, etc. No changed parts other than Grovers.
- Two PAF labeled Humbuckers, one unlabeled, common to 1957. Pickups ohm at 7.3k-7.4k, precise for year.
- No repairs.
- Original case in excellent condition. Normal wear on handle. A Mint original 1957 replacement handle is included.
I have owned this gem for 22 years. It has been stored in a temperature-controlled environment. I've taken it out twice a year to polish, tune and play delicately for a few minutes. It has never left my home. Its condition indicates little use before I got it and I conservatively rate it at 9+ condition. I am no guitar dealer and try not to exaggerate or overhype, unlike the norm. This instrument was purchased privately.
PAYMENT: BANK CHECK, BANK TRANSFER, MONEY ORDER, CASH, CHECK ONLY.
INSPECTION: ON-SITE INSPECTION IN NY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. SHIPPING: CUSTOMER PREFERENCE AFTER PAYMENT. SHIPPING CHARGES EXTRA.