What he have here is....just a 1954 Gibson Les Paul Junior! yes it is a vintage not reissue for those who feel the need to clarify (like those people who raised their hands in 5th grade ...and the teacher said there are no dumb questions...but then they ask what time the 12 o'clock recess is...and you all at that moment realize there ARE dumb questions....
Ok so this piece is a great player's condition instrument. Here are the important points:
- It does NOT have a headstock repair.
- It HAS been refinished
- The pickup IS original
- Tuners are REPLACEMENTS (Orig in case)
- Case is ORIGINAL but sides chipped off in many areas.
- Frets ARE original
- There is checking under the overspray & some chips on the guitar finish.
- Bridge appears original
- YES there is the piece of tape in the control cavity.
Great guitar that really screams. I purchased it as 'all original' but had an expert opine and thus you save some money while getting a fantastic instrument. I have lots of pictures. I'm not wanting to get nitpicked about whether the screws are in the right original holes so the guitar is sold 'as is'. Happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. I'd say grab this for the price of a broken headstocked repaired one..and enjoy.