If you are like me you look for value in the marketplace. For my money, player grade vintage is a great investment as long as you KNOW what you are getting AND the piece is priced for the known flaws. THIS is such a piece. Consider the following:
1956 Gibson Les Paul Special. Here are the details:
- NO HEADSTOCK BREAK or REPAIRS!
- 2017 Refin in Aged TV Yellow Nitro (old previous refin was cherry and in some areas you can see it has come through.
- Refin done by GORD MILLER who is highly regarded in vintage Gibson restoration.
- Refret by Mark Kane (North Carolina)
- ORIGINAL PICKUPS
- Hardware & Plastic are Montreux (replaced during refin)
- Reissue Tuners
- Recent LP Style Pink Lined Hard Case
- Only 'unexplained' area is shown near neck pocket. Seems like something is up under the finish in one rectangular shaped spot.
Simple.. You get the old wood and old pickups. Nitro finish and fresh playable frets. Save thousands and enjoy the piece. We acquired this from the owner who had the work done. This hasn't floated around.
Sold "AS IS" so ask your questions now. If you are going to nitpick every aspect of this then offer me $12 and want overnight shipping then perhaps you like not being responded to...LOL.