NOTE: This guitar is brand new and comes fully set up and with a full manufacturer's warranty.
By combining the ideas from the world renowned multi-instrumentalist and guitar virtuoso, John Jorgenson with our own knowledgeable product development team, Saga has created the Grandest Gitane guitar to date in the Gitane DG-300, Modèle John Jorgenson!
Features include hand-selected solid Sitka spruce for the top, and book-matched, eye-catching Santos rosewood used for the back and sides, a custom designed walnut neck with ebony fingerboard shaped to John's specific dimensions in traditional Selmer style, a custom made moveable center dyed tonewood bridge with special compensation, and Dalmatian tortoise-style body binding, sound hole rosette, and tailpiece insert.
Certainly a striking appearance at first glance, though its visual appearance is just one aspect that makes this guitar so special!
- Authentic and unique guitar designed and used by John Jorgenson
- Solid Sitka spruce top with small oval soundhole provides that bell-bright attack and distinctive Gypsy Jazz sound
- Santos tonewood back and sides for rich, well balanced tone and projection
- Vintage correct, original shaped walnut neck and ebony fingerboard are designed to John Jorgenson's specifications
- Custom designed dyed tonewood bridge for minimal weight - Special Compensation - design for optimum intonation
- Tortoise-style body binding and tailpiece insert give this instrument a unique, attractive look
Back and Side Material: Santos Rosewood
Back Inlay: None
Binding: Dalmatian Tortoise
Body Shape: Horizontal Cutaway
Brace Material: Spruce
Bridge Material: Ebony
Fingerboard & Peghead Binding: None
Fingerboard Material: Ebony
Fingerboard Position Inlays: M-O-P Oval Dots
Finish: Vintage-toned High Gloss
Headstock Style: Traditional Slotted
Neck Material: Solid American Walnut
Number of Frets Clear: 14
Number of Frets Total: 26
Nut Material: Zero-fret / Bone String Guide
Nut Width: 1 3/4 in.
Peghead Overlay: Ebony
Recommended Strings: Parisian by Gitane® Manouche Strings - Light Gauge
Saddle: Dyed Tonewood
Scale Length: 26 5/8 in.
Side Inlay: Multi-ply Ebony / Maple
Soundhole Rosette: Traditional Multi-Ply Wood
Soundhole Shape: Petite Bouche
Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
Top Bracing Pattern: Traditional Ladder Bracing
Top Purfling: Multi-ply Ebony / Maple
Tuning Machines: Deluxe Gold-plated / Engraved / Accurate 14:1 Gear Ratio / Grained Ivoroid Buttons