NOTE: This guitar is brand new and comes fully set up and with a full manufacturer's warranty.
The incredible versatility and legendary technique of John Jorgenson demand a very special guitar – and this John Jorgenson Signature Model Gitane guitar will bring out the best in anybody’s playing. Designed with the benefit of John’s long experience in many styles of music, this model plays like a dream with perfectly contoured speed neck of genuine walnut. The correct bracing and wood thicknessing guarantee a huge tone, and the binding of Dalmatian tortoise plastic and the wildly-figured Santos rosewood body give this guitar a unique look of distinction to complement it’s sterling tonal quality.
- Authentic and unique guitar designed and used by John Jorgenson
- Solid Sitka spruce top with traditional large D-shaped soundhole creates a warm and ambient Gypsy Jazz sound
- Santos tonewood back and sides for rich, well balanced tone and projection
- Vintage correct, original shaped walnut neck and ebony fingerboard are designed to John Jorgenson's specifications
- Tortoise-style body binding and tailpiece insert give this instrument a unique, attractive look
Back and Side Material: Santos Rosewood
Back Inlay: None
Binding: Dalmatian Tortoise
Body Shape: Horizontal Cutaway
Brace Material: Spruce
Bridge Material: Movable Mustache-style
Fingerboard & Peghead Binding: None
Fingerboard Material: Ebony
Fingerboard Position Inlays: M-O-P Oval Dots
Finish: Vintage-toned High Gloss
Headstock Style: Traditional Slotted
Neck Material: Solid American Walnut
Number of Frets Clear: 14
Number of Frets Total: 26
Nut Material: Zero-fret / Bone String Guide
Nut Width: 1 3/4 in.
Peghead Overlay: Ebony
Recommended Strings: Parisian by Gitane® Manouche Strings - Light Gauge
Scale Length: 26 5/8 in.
Side Inlay: Multi-ply Ebony / Maple
Soundhole Rosette: Traditional Multi-Ply Wood
Soundhole Shape: Grand Bouche
Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
Top Bracing Pattern: Traditional Ladder Bracing
Top Purfling: Multi-ply Ebony / Maple
Tuning Machines: Deluxe Gold-plated / Engraved / Accurate 14:1 Gear Ratio / Grained Ivoroid Buttons