Another American Classic Guitar that is made in America by the fine people at Heritage Guitars Inc. These H-157CMs are top of the line handcrafted solid body guitars, THIS GUITAR IS NOT WEIGHT RELIEVED and weighs in at a light 8 3/4 pounds. Many guitar makers have moved to CNC machines to mass produce guitars, save time, lower costs and eliminate the need for skilled luthiers... not Heritage, this is a handcrafted instrument with premium components built by master builders.
THE HERITAGE STORY:
Heritage is celebrating 30 years of handcrafting fine instruments in the famous Guitar factory at 225 Parsons Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan Formerly owned by The Gibson Guitar Corporation. The Heritage Guitars Inc. has achieved the status of being one of the premier guitar companies in the world today, still creating guitars by hand the way they did in the 1950's . Much of the machinery that Heritage uses today, has been in use for over 60 years in the famous 225 Parsons St. address, this vintage equipment was purchased from Gibson Guitar Corporation.
In many instances, The Heritage guitar line is handled by countless vintage shops throughout the world. A Heritage guitar is considered to be the NEW Vintage guitar and the future collectible guitar of tomorrow.
The idea to start Heritage Guitar began when the Gibson Guitar Corporation closed its Kalamazoo, Michigan factory in September of 1984 and moved all production to its other plant in Nashville, Tennessee. When this took place, some of the employees were asked to move to Nashville. However, since their families had spent many years in Kalamazoo, it made it difficult to uproot and move. Therefore 3 men, Jim Deurloo, Marvin Lamb, and JP Moats, decided to start a guitar manufacturing business. In 1985 when the company was incorporated, 2 other former Gibson Guitar Corporation employees, Bill Paige and Mike Korpak, joined as owners. Mike left the company in 1985.
The founders biggest resource is and was the experience the group of craftsmen they could draw from to begin operations. The owners themselves each had in excess of 25 years of hands on experience in making guitars. To this day each of the owners is directly involved in the manufacturing of each instrument.
- This guitar is a Custom Order dealer Spec'd guitar.
- Chestnut Sunburst Translucent finish over Flamed maple.
- Straight Ebony neck 24 3/4 Scale Mother of Pearl (MOP)Block Inlays
- Light Solid 1 piece Honduran Mahogany body 1 1/2".
- 2 Rio Grande mini humbucker pickups Texas/BBQ (Dealer Supplied)
- Multi ply binding body, front and back. Bound neck and headstock.
- MOP inlayed headstock
- Super Comfortable 60's neck profile
- Tonepros Locking Bridge and Tailpiece- Gold Hardware
- Original "The Heritage" Hardshell case $200
- 8 lbs 11.5 Oz
- .830 1st to .975 12th 60's profile neck
- Fully setup and ready to rock!
- Authorized Heritage Dealer with full factory Warranty
Standard H-157s Retail $4000+, w/ Case, Customizations and Upgrades this guitar is Discounted to $3399 with FREE SHIPPING!