HOAGLAND CUSTOM Les Paul/SG “Jimmy Page” Style Wiring Harness with Short-Shaft Push/Pulls
Let us start off by saying that you must have 2 humbuckers for this harness and they each must be splittable. That is, they each must have at least 4 conductors(wires).
This wiring mod, popularized by Led Zeppelin & The Yardbird’s great Jimmy Page, gives your Les Paul or SG style guitar a multitude of new tones not available with the stock wiring including the normal 3-way humbucker switching, Strat-like single coil tones, out-of-phase tones, and the huge sounding Broadbucker tone. All made possible through coil splitting, series/parallel switching and phase-reversal.
Push-pull potentiometers make this switching possible without the need of drilling any new holes in your guitar. Now your knobs will each have a dual function; adjusting volume or tone when twisted and providing switching options when pushed or pulled. Installation process takes about 30 minutes.
We do not include the toggle switch with this harness but it is available through our web site. Our reasoning is that, if you didn’t need it, we didn’t want to charge you for it.
Technical information regarding this Jimmy Page style harness:
CONTROL POT SPECS
• Resistance – 500K
• Taper – volume pots (2) are audio taper, the tone pots (2) are linear taper
• Knob type – 24 spline shaft
• Shaft diameter – 0.235″ (5.95mm)
• Thread type – 3/8″-32
• Threaded shaft length – 3/4″ (short-shaft)
• Required mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
• Brand – CDE
• Model – Orange Drop
• Style – poly
• Value – .047mfd & .022mfd
OUTPUT JACK SPECS
• Brand – Switchcraft
• Style – mono
• Mounting hole diameter – 3/8″ (9.52mm)
• Thread – 3/8″ x 32
• Thread length – 1/4″ (6.35m)
HARDWARE: (includes dress nuts & washers)
• chrome (standard)
• black (available for slight cost)
• gold (available for slight cost)
• Sprague/CDE “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), a .022mfd value and a .047mfd value
VOLUME & TONE FUNCTIONS:
• Bridge volume knob – splits the bridge pickup
• Neck volume knob – splits the neck pickup
• Bridge tone knob – puts the bridge & neck pickups out-of-phase with each other
• Neck tone knob – puts the bridge & neck pickups in-series
• 2 – 500k push/pull volume controls, 500k value, short-shaft (3/8″ or 9mm), audio taper
• 2 – 500k push/pull tone controls, 500k value, short-shaft (3/8″ or 9mm), linear taper
• 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors, .047mfd value
• Switchcraft mono input jack
• Vintage style, cloth covered wire (where possible)
• Easy-to-follow wiring diagram
• Tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are issues that sometimes come up during installation (grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is equipped to diagnose & handle those for you.
Contact HOAGLAND CUSTOM with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted HOAGLAND CUSTOM pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.
Usually, our buyers prefer to process their payment through our website (credit card) but we do offer other options: Venmo, Zelle, a personal check (as long as you're willing to wait 30 days for it to properly clear), PayPal, and, of course, cash. While we don't suggest it, you could send cash through the mail to us but, when you do that, we take absolutely ZERO responsibility for it until it is in our hands.
Orders are usually shipped within 48 hours of purchase... sometimes faster. We ship all orders United States Postal Service.
All of our products are custom-made. ALL of them. That is, we do not maintain a large stock of pre-built wiring harnesses or pickups. Your wiring harness or pickup is not built until you order it. The reason for that is simple: this is a custom shop. We build our products to our client's specifications. As such, we try to be accommodating in accepting returns but there is a 40% restocking fee for doing so. Also, the buyer pays return shipping to Hoagland Custom. Your custom-built wiring harness might be perfect for you but the parts can't be used again and the harness that you ordered now must be sold to another guitar player. It might sit here in our shop for 6 months or a year before someone orders the exact same wiring harness. Or, it may never sell. We understand that, sometimes, you make a mistake in ordering something so we want to be sensitive to that. But, that comes at a cost. We appreciate your understanding.