Replay Guitar Exchange is happy to offer something for those who have been watching the Helix phenomenon from the sidelines. The new Line 6 HX Stomp guitar processor has all of the groundbreaking HX Modeling of the larger Helix units — including all of the numerous amps, cabinets and effects — in a smaller, pedalboard-friendly footprint. It's a programmable amp/cab/effects/IR pedal that seamlessly integrates into a variety of environments and applications. Use it as a “super stompbox,” a backup or travel rig, an add-on tone expander when combined with other modelers, an audio interface — or even a complete guitar or bass rig.
The same HX Modeling technology that powers the flagship Helix guitar processor enables HX Stomp to run up to six processing blocks simultaneously, with pristine audio quality, making it the most powerful and flexible stompbox-sized guitar processor currently available. There are over 300 amps, cabs, and effects — including a looper. HX Stomp contains all the same HX models found in Helix family products, as well as the legacy effects library from Line 6 M-Series pedals, and stompbox modelers such as the DL4, MM4, FM4, and DM4. There are also presets created specifically for bass players, as well as individual bass amp and cab models.
Additional features include a choice of true bypass and DSP bypass with trails, a stereo effects loop for patching other pedals into the signal chain and 4-Cable Method setups, a jack for connecting two external footswitches or expression pedals, extensive MIDI control, IR (impulse response) loading capabilities, and a multichannel 24-bit/96kHz USB audio interface. The free HX Edit app allows you to customize nearly every aspect of the pedal’s operation, create, save and load presets. It also provides preset librarian capabilities, IR loading, and more.
· A complete guitar and/or bass rig in one pedal! HX STOMP models 62 amps, 37 cabs, 16 microphones, and 104 effects for use with electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass and keyboards!
· Real tone: When it comes to authentic sound and feel, HX Stomp represents a giant leap forward in modeling technology. This compact pedal is extremely powerful, offering the same DSP chip and HX Modeling as the full-featured Helix Floor and Helix Rack!
· Cabinets: The Helix HX Hybrid cabs featured in the HX Stomp processor represent a new approach to the speaker cabinet capture process. They provide the same resolution and low-end accuracy as a 2048-point or higher Impulse Response, while only using roughly the same amount of DSP power as a 1024-point IR. A choice of 16 different microphones and 23 recording distances provides additional sonic flexibility and real-time dynamic control. The HX Stomp processor also lets you load custom impulse responses, allowing you to personalize your rig even further.
· Component modeling: With the HX Stomp processor, each amp component has been captured, measured, and matched to the real thing. This level of dynamic circuit detail extends into areas such as power supply ripple, individual tube sag, and control over B+ voltages. With uncompromised Helix sound quality and 123 dB of dynamic range, the HX Stomp processor ensures an authentic and responsive playing experience.
· Behavioral modeling: HX Modeling accurately recreates the behavior of even the most idiosyncratic vintage effects by modeling their individual components. The Transtronic process emulates the behavior of virtually any germanium or silicon transistor diode, making it possible to authentically recreate fuzz, distortion, and other pedals once considered too persnickety to convincingly model. The Throbber is a "virtual lightbulb" that mimics the decidedly nonlinear behavior of the small incandescent bulb and four photocells inside the original 1960's Uni-Vibe pedals that are essential to their unique sound and vibe. And the Bucketier chip and Panda circuit are virtual recreations of the Bucket Brigade (BBD) chips and compander (compression/expansion) circuitry found in many old-school analog delay pedals. Accurately modeling the inherent quirkiness of vintage analog delay pedals at the component level endows HX analog delay effects with all of their lo-fi majesty!
· Easy interaction: The HX Stomp processor features a clear and intuitive interface that enables fast tone creation and easy interaction — all with a minimal learning curve, and the elimination of complex menu diving. A large color LCD lays out the entire signal chain and provides instant access to amp and effects parameters, as well as displaying footswitch assignments and status while in Performance mode.
· 3 capacitive touch footswitches with color-coded LED rings: Simply touch a footswitch to instantly jump to any block and quickly adjust a parameter or assign controllers. The process is so fast you can comfortably assign any item to a switch in three seconds.
· Snapshots: The Snapshots feature enables you to create up to eight variations within a single preset and seamlessly transition between them without experiencing the audio dropouts and disruption of delay and reverb trails that normally occur when switching between DSP-intensive presets. Enable and bypass effects blocks, change amp and effects settings, and much more — all within the same preset.
· Split/parallel signal paths provide flexible routing for both simple and complex signal chains
· TRS dual expression pedal/footswitch input extends creative control capabilities
· Helix Edit: Helix Edit software features the same intuitive user interface found on Helix hardware processors, so there’s no learning curve. Drag and drop amps, cabs, and effects to build complex signal chains with ease; adjust settings and parameters using dedicated sliders and knobs; customize footswitch labels quickly and efficiently, and much more — all on your computer’s large screen.
As always, feel free to contact our store for more details, or with any questions.
We accept all major credit cards and PayPal via our website, telephone, or in-store. We also offer no-interest financing options such as PayPal (on-line) and Synchrony Credit (in-store).
Free shipping on all orders! We ship to the continental US only --no international shipping. We typically ship via UPS Ground, but some smaller packages (like strings) will go US Postal Service.
You may return your purchase for a full refund within 14 days provided it is returned in the same condition with the original packaging, accessories, and documentation. Otherwise, a re-stocking fee may be assessed. Buyer is responsible for return shipping unless we have made some type of error.