Violin Pickup is a miniature vibration sensor cast directly into a Superieur Despiau “Two Tree” maple bridge for maximum sensitivity and signal transfer. As an integral part of the bridge, it effortlessly captures the instrument’s inherent dynamics. Furthermore, its selective admittance pattern is aligned so that the signal is generated as the bridge moves in a left-right motion (in response to the string vibrations). The pickup also rejects any impulse directed to the plane of the bridge- minimizing annoying finger squeaks, body noise and feedback. It is the pickup of choice for top pros like Mark O’Connor, Darol Anger, Jean-Luc Ponty and Sara Watkins.
*An external preamp is recommended.
- Highly selective miniature sensor is epoxy-embedded in the bridge itself for unsurpassed sensitivity. No stuck-on or wedged-in appendage can match its response.
- Sensor is sensitive only in the rich left-right mode to bring out the true character of your violin yet rejects extraneous string and body noise.
- Does not alter the inherent acoustic qualities of the instrument
- Studio quality response makes it a viable tool for recording
- High feedback resistance for stress-free high sound pressure levels on stage
- Even string-to-string balance
- Can be plugged directly into most combo amps with great results, even without a preamp*
- Comes inset in a high quality Superieur Despiau “Two Tree” maple bridge for optimum acoustic response
- External jack mount or Non-terminated