Mapex Armory 6pc Studioease Shell Pack Magma burst
The Armory Series is the latest realization of the Mapex hybrid shell concept. A fusion of birch and maple delivers the ultimate tonal expression, and the SONIClear(TM) bearing edge allows the drumhead to sit flat, bringing out the best response by optimizing the relationship between head and shell.
What we think:
The Armory Series by Mapex features a 6-ply birch and maple that outputs a warm, focused tone. SONIClear bearing edge, tom suspension and floor tom legs allow the heads to sit flat and increase shell resonance. Mapex Saturn IV-style lugs ensure a firm tune while providing a low-mass aesthetic.
- The Birch/Maple/Birch 6Ply 7.2mm shell with the new SONIClear(TM) Bearing Edge allows for the direct transmission of sound, reduces unwanted frequencies and provides a strong fundamental pitch and an effortless tuning experience especially at lower tunings.
- This 5-Piece Shell pack includes 10" and 12" stand mounted rack toms, 14" and 16" floor tom,14" snare drum and 22"x18" Kick drum
- The SONIClear(TM) tom suspension and floor tom feet increase overall resonance by preserving vibration in the shell and keeping stress away from the tension rods, helping the heads stay in tune.
- All Armory shell packs include the 14" x 5-1/2" Tomahawk Black-Plated Steel Snare. The Tomahawk produces a bright, focused and loud backbeat and adds style to all Armory shell packs.
- This purchase includes a manufacturer trade-in offer for ANY of Mapex's Armory Series four other snare drums. You'll have two weeks after your Armory kit purchase to test out the Tomahawk and, if the Tomahawk snare doesn't fit your sound, you can trade it in directly with Mapex for one of the other four Armory Snare drums at no charge.