The Miktek™ MPA-201 dual channel, Class A microphone preamplifier provides a pristine signal path with a sweet and linear response that will please the most sophisticated listeners.
With 70 dB of gain, 48-volt phantom power and variable impedance selector, the Miktek MPA-201 will highlight and enhance the sound of most any microphone. Each channel boasts a large analog VU meter that can be switched from input to output, plus an LED Peak output meter, making it easy to set a good level. This innovative preamplifier design also features a Phase switch and variable High Pass Filter, which allows you to reduce unwanted low frequencies in your recording and help reduce stage rumble in live sound applications. The MPA-201 preamplifier features discrete transistors and six Miktek custom transformers, which produce a quality sound you would normally expect only from a vintage piece. It features Direct Inputs on each channel, through a dedicated transformer, for recording instruments like guitar, bass and keyboards. Do you like to record your guitar or bass with an effects pod or plug-ins? Plug in to the MPA-201 first to capture that big studio sound that’s far beyond what’s possible with a standard audio interface. Perfect for adding a world-class signal path in front of your digital recordings, the Miktek MPA-201 is a must for any serious recordist.
• Class A, Discreet Transistor Vintage Design
• Linear response 1 dB down at 10Hz and 1 dB down at 100kHz
• Sweet sound from Custom Designed Transformers
• 48 Volt Phantom Power
• Variable High-Pass Filter
• Relay controlled Phase switch
• Smooth switch selects different output loading for “racked” and “in-console” sound
• Impedance selector allows for 300, 600, or 1200 Ω load
• Large backlit VU Meters switchable to display Input and Output Levels
• +4 XLR Balanced Outputs
• Heavy duty metal construction featuring steel chassis and milled aluminum front panel in an attractive silver finish.