Neumann KH 420 - Active Studio Monitor Pair
Designed for use as a mid-field or main monitor, the KH 420 is an excellent choice for use in music, broadcast, and post production studios.
The KH 420 represents the result of using the latest techniques in acoustical, electronic and mechanical design to bring a new benchmark in audio reproduction quality. In-house computer optimized drivers, a waveguide featuring Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™), flexible acoustical controls, various input options, and an extensive mounting hardware range allow the KH 420 to be used in diverse acoustical conditions, with any source equipment, and in a wide variety of physical locations.
The KH 420 has been designed for use as a mid-field or main monitor. It is particularly well-suited for use in music, broadcast, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering. The KH 420 can be used free-standing or flush mounted into a wall, and, in multichannel systems, can be mixed freely with other loudspeakers in the range.
- Computer mechanically modeled three-way cabinet design using Low resonance Integral Molding™ (LRIM™) materials
- New in-house simulated magnetically shielded drivers
- Powerful alloy fabric dome tweeter with built-in grille
- Fabric dome, neodymium magnet, midrange driver
- Long throw bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™) and flow optimized die cast basket
- High-capacity flow-optimized bass reflex ports with pipe damped
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide, with wide horizontal and narrow vertical dispersion
- Two-color dimmable Neumann logo
- Electronics panel with generously dimensioned integrated Accelerated Heat Tunneling™ (AHT™) heat sink
- Fast-acting independent thermo limiters for woofer, midrange dome and tweeter to protect the voice coils. Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters.
- Production consistency due to individual hand-alignment in final test
- 4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls and easy to use parametric equalizer
- Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Ground lift
- Optional (DIM 1) digital XLR/BNC inputs and buffered BNC output
- Optional (DIM 1) lipsync delay
- Optional (DIM 1) time-of-flight delay
- Universal dual (bass and mid/treble) switched-mode power supplies (100 … 240 V)
- Fully documented extensive mounting hardware options
- Optional robust metal grille
- Optional transportation accessories