SPL Mix Dream 16 Channel Summing
Analog Summing Device with 16 Inserts
The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog outboard mixer in a 19"/2U format. Any DAW or digital console can be expanded with active analog stereo summing and insert functionality.
The MixDream design plan provides for the integration of analog equipment in digital production environments and stereo mixdown at the analog level.
This concept offers high-grade analog summing without panorama and fader controls, in turn allowing an engineer to retain the entire scope of his computer automation. One MixDream can sum up to 16 audio tracks to a stereo signal, and should the need arise for more than 16 tracks, several MixDreams may be linked together.
The MixDream discrete class A technology is based on a 60-volt rail (+/- 30V). Newly developed circuitry, based on the most modern analog components, guarantees an extremely high slew rate, a low noise level of -97dBu (A-weighted, all channels active) and a dynamic level of over 125dB. Thus the MixDream easily realizes the technical level of the best analog consoles.
- High-grade analog summing on just 2U rack space-no analog mixing console necessary
- Sophisticated, active Class A/6oV stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles 16 balanced inserts allow for integrated analog effects with individual and overall hard bypass relays
- Reduction of A/D conversions (14 A/D conversions can be spared with all inserts connected). All analog tracks can be summed before A/D conversion.
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW so the user loses no digital efficiency
- Lower DAW processor utilization rates
- The most efficient possible re-sampling of individual tracks with latency free monitoring
- Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDream units)
- Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Sensitive and transparent stereo expansion control
- Analog peak limiter for impressive loudness
- Master inserts and switchable output transformers from Lundahl
- Optimized signal pathes, all switching functions via relays
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
- Discrete, exceptionally low-noise power supply