All-Tube classic Putnam 610 Console Mic Preamp combined with an electro-optical, Tube-Amplified LA-2A Style Compressor in a Single Unit.
A Classic Tube Microphone Preamp & LA-2A-Style Compressor in a Single Unit
The LA-610 MkII combines an all-tube, vintage mic preamp design — heard on classic albums ranging from The Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds to Van Halen I — with authentic Teletronix T4 opto-compression circuitry. This classic channel strip design, with its warm preamp tone and smooth, natural-sounding compression, is updated with modern, user-requested features like true compressor bypass, larger metering, increased output, and an auto-switching power supply.
The LA-610 MkII also boasts much lower noise specs versus vintage models. Elegant and highly popular “Black on Black” cosmetics complete the package. For the serious project studio looking to get the UA sonic experience, the LA-610 MkII offers tone, quality and character at an accessible price.
The LA-610 MkII is based on the legendary console modules developed by Bill Putnam in the 60's. Noted for their musical character and warmth, innumerous classics by artists ranging from Sinatra to Van Halen have been recorded using these preamps. After the preamp section, the LA-610 MkII offers the T4 optical compressor. The simple operation and program-dependent nature of the LA-610 T4 compressor provides the same extremely musical control that has made the LA-2A such a well-loved classic for more than 40 years. The electro-optical detector, or "T4 cell,” is the heart and soul of the Teletronix LA-2A. Its unique combination of electro-luminescent panel and photo-resistors are the crucial circuit components, giving the compressor its signature sound. In use, the LA-610 MkII packs tremendous sonic versatility and is an ideal front-end for tracking with modern DAWs.
- All-tube mic preamp design derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 opto-compressor section
- MkII exclusive features include: true compressor bypass, larger metering, increased output, and auto-switching power supply
- Mic pre with Gain and Level controls, variable impedance switching, and instrument DI for recording tone “color”
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Complete vintage channel strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
- Backed by 1-Year limited warranty