Faux Tape Echo
The Faux Tape Echo delay has become a staple in Nashville and beyond, from masterful session guitarists to studio "house sound" collections and of course seen on stages worldwide!
Based around very carefully selected and very rigorously tested PT2399 delay chips, the Faux AnalogEcho and Faux Tape Echo circuits allowed Brian to combine the note clarity of a sophisticated digital delay with an all-analog dry path (unaffected signal) and magnificent all-analog tone-shaping and modulation circuitry.
What does that actually mean for musicians? The answer to that is "everything!" With our hybrid design approach, you get the best of both worlds. You get note clarity, lower noise, and longer delay times from digital delays. You get the lovely warmth and little, exquisite touches that are usually reserved for analog delays. Nearly every part of the pedal, all of its major functions, are analog. The "delay line" is the only digital part of the signal path. It alone being digital brings clarity and focus to the task in a way that analog delay line chips can't really match.
But everything else, all the absolutely vital filtering to carefully finish the sound is pure analog. Every aspect of the modulation that gives the Faux Tape Echo pedal a unique function and tone and makes it desirable for people who want their delay tone to sound as good as tape delay units but without all the maintenance, supplies, and hassle? Totally analog. Your all-important fundamental dry tone is 100% analog, too.
So when we say it's the best of both worlds, we absolutely mean it. From country slap-back to ambient washes to straight-ahead rock and metal delay, the hybrid approach lets Brian make one pedal that can do it all.
Still, we wouldn't be Wampler Pedals if we didn't listen to our users, artists, and dealers, and take into account feature requests... In this case, we'd have to plug our fingers in our ears if we were to ignore all the people shouting for TAP TEMPO! And let's face it, Brian Wampler wouldn't be who he is if he weren't always thinking of a better way to accomplish something cool, in this case a great sounding and more adjustable new modulation that will put the Faux Tape Echo's "Faux Tape Reel" into our most authentic territory yet.
This new version of the Faux Tape Echo takes everything great about the original, and adds to it that much-requested tap tempo functionality that users have asking for, as well as Brian's new idea in emulating the elusive and beautiful character that people look for in classic tape echo units. The time has come to unveil the Faux Tape Echo that everyone has been waiting for – and we've all worked hard to make sure you're going to love it!
Weight: 1.8 lbs
▪ Handbuilt in the U.S.A.
▪ High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
▪ Completely true bypass
▪ Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss) Please note: Battery not provided. Mains power receommended.
▪ Power draw: 40mA
▪ 6 controls – echo level, repeats, shade, “movement and sway” and delay time
▪ Does not just add a chorus effect to simulate tape wobble, this reacts to your playing perfectly
▪ Does NOT mess with your basic guitar tone like so many other delay pedals
▪ Analog warmth/tape echo tones
▪ About 800ms of delay time available (very slight signal deterioration is apparent after about 600m/s).
▪ 3.5” x 4.5” x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
▪ As with all our pedals, this pedals comes with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
▪ If you aren’t satisfied with the tonality and performance of this pedal, send it back within 14 days of receiving it (direct sales only).
▪ More time may be allotted in some circumstances, contact us for more information.
▪ 5 year warranty coverage (fully transferable) on any malfunction (except arising from abuse)
Most Items ship free. We ship all major items via UPS. Some small items may ship USPS.
We do not normally accept returns. This is protection for you as well as for us. We believe when you purchase an instrument or amplifier that is "NEW" it should be NEW! If we accept returns, this would mean that returned item are not "NEW". Of course we realize that sometimes things do not work out for customers, so we take returns on a case by case basis. We are very easy to deal with. Please call the store and ask for George.