Designed to give your tone the punch and clarity missing from many distortion pedals, the Sovereign brings you a huge range of tones through your amp.
To a discerning and devoted league of tone chasers, Brian Wampler is The King when it comes to organic, convincing and inspiring dirt tones. Thus we thought it only fitting to name Brian’s latest pedal – a simple Distortion pedal – The Sovereign.
A little presumptuous, you might say? No, we think this is a pedal that lives up to its name. Oh, yes. From cream to ream; thrash to powder puff; hellacious burn to heavenly soothe; The Sovereign will do it for you. Truly.
You see, Brian was asked by a very convincing and influential client (whom we shall name later) to make, a “simple distortion pedal”. Let’s think for a moment about the amazing “distortion” pedals Brian has already given us: The Plexi series, the SLOstortion, The ubiquitous Pinnacle and others. How could he top those? They’re already regarded as the best in their respective fields.
Well, folks, for starters, The Sovereign does not allude to be another (with all due respect) A.I.A.B (amp-in-a-box, for the uninitiated). No, no, no. This beast has its own thing going on. It has a mid control that is admittedly borrowed from other great Wampler pedals like The Pinnacle, but this one is refined, less fussy and instantly gratifying over the full range of its sweep. Seriously rich mids are to be found here, able to cut through the din of the bass and drums in an instant. Smooth, creamy highs – think: stainless steel wings on your soaring solos – are a mere flick of a toggle away. The bottom end is tight but with just the right amount of sag to simulate a good tube amp going into orgasmic throes of heat. Yeah, baby.
We think you will love this pedal!
▪ Weight - 1 lbs
▪ Handbuilt in the U.S.A.
▪ High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
▪ Completely true bypass
▪ Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
▪ Power draw: 9mA
▪ High gain, crunchy and dynamic pedal
▪ Extremely tweakable EQ
▪ Advanced Gain Structure, amazing array of sounds.
▪ 2.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
▪ Powder coated durable finish
▪ As with all our pedals, this pedals comes with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
▪ If you aren’t satisfied with the tonality and performance of this pedal, send it back within 14 days of receiving it (direct sales only).
▪ More time may be allotted in some circumstances, contact us for more information.
▪ 5 year warranty coverage (fully transferable) on any malfunction (except arising from abuse).
Most Items ship free. We ship all major items via UPS. Some small items may ship USPS.
We do not normally accept returns. This is protection for you as well as for us. We believe when you purchase an instrument or amplifier that is "NEW" it should be NEW! If we accept returns, this would mean that returned item are not "NEW". Of course we realize that sometimes things do not work out for customers, so we take returns on a case by case basis. We are very easy to deal with. Please call the store and ask for George.